Job Title: Welder
Responsible for various types of weld preparations, welding and weld finishing operations to manufacture product to customer drawings, specifications or other forms of instruction.
- Minimum Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum Experience: 1 year experience in various forms of welding and the ability to successfully complete internal welding test.
- Understands and experience with mig, wire fed welding.
- Proficient in assigned welding techniques
- Ability to bend, stoop, squat, push, and pull throughout the day.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Interpretation of mechanical drawings, including weld requirement symbology
- Knowledge of wire and filler materials applications for various steel alloys, aluminum and some exotic materials
Essential Job Functions include, but not limited to:
- Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Lay out, position, align, and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly, using straightedges, combination squares, calipers, and rulers.
- Examine workpieces for defects and measure workpieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade, such as shielded metal arc and gas metal arc welding equipment.
- Weld separately or in combination, using aluminum, stainless steel, cast iron, and other alloys.
- Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
- Select and install torches, torch tips, filler rods, and flux, according to welding chart specifications or types and thicknesses of metals.
- Ignite torches or start power supplies and strike arcs by touching electrodes to metals being welded, completing electrical circuits.
- Connect and turn regulator valves to activate and adjust gas flow and pressure so that desired flames are obtained.
- Process inspection and certification documentation.
- Maintain welding equipment.
- Finish grinding applications using manual and power tools
- Operate safety equipment and use safe work habits
- Maintain clean and organized workspace.
- Perform other duties as assigned.